Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Temporary Pleasures by Stacey Lunsford

I am in a quiet place, a healing, digging deep, forgiving, releasing, standing accountable for my behavior place. Not so much for the things that have happened to me but my response to the things that have happened to me. I'm in a place of reconciliation, a place of deliverance, restoration, a refreshing place, a place of renewal, the brook of Cherith (the place of cutting) surgery yes, open heart by the Master Surgeon Himself who is removing everything that serves no purpose and has no value in my life. Dying to self, a place of confrontation, facing things that I have swept under the rug. Painful, hurtful things that I never wanted to deal with, I am peeling off the layers willfully. Temporary pleasures have hidden price tags.

When I hit Rochelle (temporary pleasure) because he lied, I had to ask myself, what was it about that lie because he has been lying for 19 years? Thoughtfully contemplating the question, reviewing our past, I remember the day that I told him, “I’m not going to have an abortion.” His verbal/emotional response to me was symbolic to the beating (hidden price tag) that I received for my 10 seconds of pleasure for hitting him, including a severely dislocated shoulder and 32 hour imprisonment for his false report; yes, he lied again and I spent time in the joint but listen closely to my next point. “He who conceals his disease cannot expect to be cured”, Ethiopian Proverb. Temporary pleasures have hidden price tags.

Be angry and sin not. Unresolved anger will make you offensive. Failure to confront your hurts/pains will invite bitterness and resentment to come inside; temporary pleasures have hidden price tags. One day I will be able to ask Roe to forgive me, tell him that I forgive him and love him in Christ Jesus. Perhaps I will even be led to thank him for dislocating my shoulder only because it catapulted me to this wonderful healing place! Forgiveness is so liberating--but, temporary pleasures have hidden price tags.

© 2005 Stacey Lunsford, Philadelphia, PA. Arise & Shine For Jesus Ministry

1 Comments:

Blogger godsgiftofjoy said...

I just wanted to inform you that I have link your blog to my blog as well you comment is listed on my web site www.inthearmsofgod.com
I apprecipate your spirit and heart and soul sharing your blessings that God has done for you.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home