Thursday, September 08, 2005

what is this black chile doin' in russia?

St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow
last night i had to shut my bedroom balcony door because mr. hawk was lettin me know that he was comin to visit me real soon. jesus. another freakin winter in this s _ _ _hole.

i had some canned foods and rice and other food that have been in my cabinet since i got here. i packed it all up and took it out to this a little pregnant girl that stands at the metro begging. (this is a whole other story) she wasn't there this week so i see an old little shriveled up lady standing behind a tree with her hand out. it's so pitiful. i put the big box of food next to her and she looks at me and asks repeatedly... "why? but why?... why?" i tell her to just take it. don't ask why. she of course is crying but as i walk away she grabs me and tries to wrap her arms around me, which of course is impossible.

a militsa guy comes up to me and asks me for my docs and what i was doin. i tell him to mind his business. which comes out as "this does not concern you" in Russian. i ain't scared no mo. that's right baby. bring it on. he asked me what i was doing to that woman. i said nothing and that she was my mother. he looked at me funny. she then proceeds to hit him on the arm with an umbrella and tell him to leave her alone. we share a slight smile.

i leave because i'm illegally triple parked in front of the metro. the equivalent of pulling up in front of the embarcadero metro on market st. in san francisco and parking your car. impossible right? not here. by the time i get back to my car someone has already blocked me in and i have to wait while he buys his cigarettes. does he rush to get back? does he apologize for blocking me in? hell no. do i do it to the person i have blocked? i think you know the answer to his question. and through it all, the militsa guy is sittin on a bench enjoying the sun and smokin a cig of course.

© 2005 black chile (For security's sake, the author remains anonymous--at least for now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home