Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Testimony: Step Up and Receive by J.M.

by J.M., Virginia
I wanted to take this time to thank you for coming into my life. Also thank you for being a great inspiration to my sister that she gladly shared you with me.

After losing my mother in Jan. I had to deal with the illness of my father. I was at the point where I felt I could not hear God's voice anymore in my life. My sister had just returned from your book signing. She called me with excitement and joy about the book signing and how God had given confirmation to her about things she had been wrestling with in her life.

I at the time was happy but felt sad because I wanted to share in the joy for my life to know when my break through from my heartache would come. My sister through love and grace came home to see our father while he was in the hospital and she allowed me to keep her, as she would say it "My Stanice Book." I felt really happy that she loved me that much she would part with such a treasure.

I took the book and began reading but finding myself not able to read as much as I wanted to because of the "baggage of life." On my 3-11 work shift, I had the time to start my journey on saving my life. I will not do anything physical but I was killing my self spiritually and did not know how to swim in the ocean without drowning. Just as you spoke of the "lifeguard" in your book, you are my lifeguard.

I would like to thank you because of what you have done; there will be a ministry in VA with the guidance of your book. I want to share the enlightenment I received just by reading your book in that we need to reach our women in the world. I am not a feminist but it is time our women step up and receive what God has for their life including me. Again thank you.

As you say after your prayers: So Be It!

© 2005, J.M., Virginia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From: The Sister

Praise the Lord!!! I am amazed at how God is chosing to use Stanice's ministry. I was initially not planning to attend the book signing, because I did not want to deal with anything too heavy after losing my mother. Thank God for the sister (T.L) from my church family who assured me that I would not be left "down" after reading the book. She was right. The experience was just the opposite. I was left with a peek at what "freedom in Christ" might mean for me. I am excited to see what God grows out of this ministry for my sister and her friends. My life has certainly been changed because Stanice and her friend Omie allowed God to use them to reach others.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home