Thursday, October 20, 2005

When I Am Free by Neicy Wiggins

by Neicy Wiggins, Virginia
(art by Frank Morrison)

When I am Free...

I'll tell my Mama's story and not feel the need to make excuses

I won't need to be Daddy's little girl, because I'll realize my role as Princess to the King of Kings

I'll love my husband even more deeply and not hold onto him so tightly

I'll give my children the space to grow and become what God has for them

I'll stop forcing those who love me to prove it over and over and over

I'll befriend those who now scare me with their different looks and loud talk and fast ways

I'll visit parts of town that have remained off my beaten path

I'll give to others without the fear that I won't have enough left for me

I'll make a home for women and children who need the support of a family

I'll love others as God loves me with my flaws and cracks and a host of other imperfections

I'll say what I really believe and not care what others think

I'll laugh real loud and not worry about who hears me

I'll sing my favorite songs out loud outside of the shower

I'll dress boldly daring to wear red and yellow and purple and orange all at the same time

I'll say whatever's in my heart and know that it flows from a new place that is filled with the precious fragrance of the Holy Spirit

I'll move out of my fantasy life and live my dreams in the daylight

I'll do all of this and things that now I can't even imagine in this confined state that I now exist in

I'll live out my Mama's legacy which was always too big for just her.

© 2005 Neicy Wiggins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home