Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Change is Possible! by Hassan Amin

by Ph.D. Candidate Hassan Amin

Greetings: I’m a man of God and I come to you seeking to do what God has charged my life with, and I want to introduce my message and myself.

I am a living testimony that no matter how bad the circumstances of life, you can survive when God is the navigator of your ship. I wandered for over 25+ years in the wilderness, without any faith. I survived years as a child of molestation, started using hard drugs at 12 and developed a drug addiction, was disrespectful to my parents, and was a victim of my own self-destruction. I have been institutionalized in Franklin Delano Roosevelt Psychiatric Center, jailed for criminal acts, mental abuse in my marriages, a thief, liar, and have had clinical depression, the verge of many breakdowns, and have overdosed on drugs numerous times. I have physically hurt people because of my wicked ways, and drifted in hopelessness for most of my life. For a great deal of my life I was an enemy to society and a bad child who had forgotten my lord.

Through prayer and supplication, I came to realize God wanted so much more for my life than I had settled for. I have been clean from iniquity for close to 20 years and living a productive life, yet I believe God wants me to tell others of hope, happiness, and the prosperity of living through righteousness. I understand in this mission I have committed myself to I had to take myself out of the equation and give God control. I know there is a need to help others who may be experiencing a similar lifestyle of what I used to indulge in. I asked God to show me the way and to point me in the direction most needed, and through my own road to Damascus, my spiritual awakening has decreed…I must go tell my story. Let others hear my story and witness the success God has initiated in my life.

Having endured the many emotional traumas and difficulties, I’ve learned that one cannot hold onto past hurts and disappointments. Forgiveness greatly determines one’s ability to enjoy the glory of living. Abiding firmly in the belief God does not allow trials and tribulations for no reason, I have accepted my calling to stand on an altar and deliver a simple message, seek to educate, equip and encourage others, that if God can take my once wretched soul and cleanse me of my afflictions so can he for you.

Through my message my charge is to reach to the heart and souls of God’s people and to stand boldly and testify there are alternatives and change is possible if we allow belief to enter our hearts.

© 2005 Hassan Amin For talks and more info, email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home