Friday, August 25, 2006

Poetry from the Philippines by Rachelle Arlin Credo

Incubus
© 2006 Rachelle Arlin Credo

There's a sudden strange silence
Amid the busy whirl around me
Disclosing the scars of my innocence
From a dreadful yesterday
Shadows paint the spectacle
Of a vision that used to be enchanting
Catching me half a miracle
While a song consumes my thinking
Gradually I drifted into another reality
Like a wind from nowhere blown
Lost in a paradise of adversity
Only to find destiny on my own

Conscience
© 2006 Rachelle Arlin Credo

When I'm all alone
And no one else is with me
I can hear a charmed musical tone
With a sound full of veracity
Its tune makes my mind travel
Into a bizarre reminiscence
Making my past assent to unravel
To make known of its presence
Dark secrets begin to liquify
Unfolding everything into a spectacle
'Til my eyes could no longer cease to cry
Realizing regret embrace my enthralled soul

A Heaven of Sand and Stones
© 2006 Rachelle Arlin Credo

Build me a heaven of sand and stones
A castle out of sprays of sand
Where I may rest at the close of the day
For refuge from a whole day's run
Build me a heaven 'neath the azure sky
A little house far from the road
Where I can see the swallows as they fly
And the sampaguita leaves as they fall
Build me a heaven of little rocks
A residence that's stable and sturdy
Where the catastrophes of life
Could never topple down facilely
Build me a heaven of muck and soil
A hermitage away from civilization
There will be drawbridge and a moat
And walls from clashing religion
Build me a heaven of sand and stones
Not of bricks, of blocks and other stuff
For I do not wish to live on a throne
A home of sand and stones of love is enough

BIO:
Rachelle Arlin Credo is a freelance writer and columnist from the Philippines.
For more info, visit her website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home