Monday, August 15, 2005

Lighthouse

I couldn't find my way…home. I had traveled beyond…the boundaries of my contentment…made choices…only a nomad…of uncertainty could make…My devotion was challenged along the banks of reason…as I trembled about…unsure of my place in the world…I had navigated myself somewhere beyond clear waters of understanding…How lost I had become…as the waves of disturbance…shackled my…convictions. I kneeled down…and let the silence of my thoughts…deliver a remedy…to my…desolation…You see it takes a moment…of seclusion…to hear the calmness of your soul…I had allowed myself to hear only the winds…of fear…on my course of never ending difficulties…In that moment…beyond seasons of occasions…a beckon of light…came forward…guiding me…onwards……over the shores of iniquity…beyond…the murkiness….of disorientation…showing me the way… heartening my spirit…raising me up…off of my knees…spilling me over…into a sea…of gratitude…The lighthouse…that marvelous beacon of hope….was within…me…all the time…It was I who had kept…its light…dim…I was…home….never truly lost…I had just lost my faith.

© 2005, Just me, Mcdonough, GA, All Rights Reserved
(Posted with permission from author)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home